Due to the holidays, the usual “5th Saturday” exercise will be a low-key activity.
Activity Description: Send a digital data message to the Emergency Coordinator.
1. Verify that each Clark County ARES/RACES member is capable of sending a digital data message.
2. Collect data on all Clark County ARES/RACES volunteer hours for 2018 (which will feed into the EC’s year-end report to CRESA).
Send a digital data message to the EC, WB7OSC, reporting your total Clark County ARES/RACES volunteer hours for 2018. For additional practice, more than one digital mode can be used for this activity.
Data Mode Options:
• Packet BBS: Use CLRK 46 or CLRK 47 to leave your volunteer hours report for WB7OSC on the K7CLL-8 node.
• Winlink: Use any client software, including telnet, and email your volunteer hours report via the Winlink system to WB7OSC.
• Just for fun: Between 8 AM and 10 AM on Saturday, December 29, 2018, contact WB7OSC on CLRK 5 using the MT63-2000L digital mode to give your volunteer hours report.
Members who expect to be unavailable on the date of this activity may send their Packet BBS or Winlink message to the EC up to a week beforehand.