8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Winter Snow Storm
This is a limited-scope exercise that will be conducted to verify simplex communications between served agencies, collect weather data, deploy Clark County ARES/RACES members to selected shelter sites, and demonstrate interoperability with other Clark Citizen Corps groups.
As directed as part of the exercise play.
• EC will call out AECs (via radio, phone, and/or SMS).
• AECs will then call out Team Leaders (via radio, phone, and/or SMS).
• Team Leaders will then call out team members (via radio, phone, and/or SMS).
1. Deploy to served-agency facilities.
2. Keep complete and accurate individual, unit, and message logs.
3. Conduct simplex communications.
4. Collect weather data and create a report.
5. Use a digital data mode to transmit weather data.
6. Demonstrate interoperability with other volunteer organizations.
7. Deploy members and equipment and establish communications at field locations.
1. Deploy to served-agency locations within 60 minutes of notification.
2. Observe winter storm conditions and make Skywarn formatted reports.
3. Activate stations at served-agency and field locations.
4. Record simplex communications capability.
5. Keep complete and accurate individual, unit, and message logs.
Refer to: Operating Aid, Attachment A to Tab 11 – Individual Log Form
Refer to: Operating Aid, Attachment B to Tab 11 – ICS-214 Unit Log
Refer to: Operating Aid, Attachment C (or D and E) to Tab 11 – Message Log
6. Transmit collected weather data via a digital mode.
7. Each participant sends an After Action Report (AAR) to their Team Leader within three (3) days following the exercise.
8. Each Team Leader sends their team’s EMD-078 form, and a consolidated After Action Report (AAR), to their AEC within six (6) days following the exercise.
Team Leaders should contact their served-agency in advance to confirm site and equipment access on the day of the exercise.
Note: If a served-agency facility will not be available – Operations from the served-agency site should be simulated using an Orange Kit or personal equipment from an adjacent parking area.
At the conclusion of the exercise:
All members should participate in the on-the-air “hot wash” (exercise debriefing) which will be conducted by the EC.