ARRL Field Day is a great opportunity for all Clark County ARES/RACES members to get outdoors and practice operating under “field” conditions, work closely with members from other teams, greet public officials and the general public, and to have fun.
Participation in Field Day is part of the Clark County ARES/RACES Annual Training Plan (which was submitted to the state Emergency Management Division to obtain our group mission number). Normally for Field Day, we would encourage members to get outdoors and practice operating under “field” conditions, work closely with members from other teams, greet public officials and the general public, and to have fun. Like 2020, we need to make adjustments for the pandemic.
The ARRL has extended the Temporary Rule Waiver from 2020 allowing individual stations to aggregate their results into a combined Clark County ARES/RACES score. Technician Class licensees can help out my making and logging VHF and UHF simplex contacts. So, please participate in Field Day 2021 as an individual, or perhaps a very small group of individuals (while practicing “social distancing”). If you have not done Field Day before, are apprehensive about entering, or have not participated in Field Day as a single operator station, please contact your Team Leader or the EC for help.
• 11:00 AM Saturday to 11:00 AM Sunday – “On-the-air” operating period
• Your own personal callsign
• Wherever you desire
• A – Group of three or more persons
• B – Station set up and operated by no more than two persons
• C – Stations in vehicles capable of operating while in motion and normally operated in this manner
• D – Stations operating from permanent or licensed station locations using commercial power (limited to 150 Watts)
• E – Stations operating from permanent or licensed station locations using emergency power for transmitters and receivers (limited to 150 Watts)
• Clark County ARES/RACES members are asked to enter “ccareswa.org” in the “Club or Group Name” field on the https://field-day.arrl.org/fdentry.php reporting web page.